The Doulos Hope is about to set sail on a new journey to bring knowledge, help and hope around the world! We are in need of a baker to join our team!
As a baker, together with others, you will produce quality baked items for those in the ship’s community (around 150 people) and the local visitors who come to our I-Café and events on board. Our purpose is two-fold – to feed, bless and encourage those serving in the ship’s community, and to provide items creating a hospitable environment to connect with our visitors.
Come and join us!
Tasks & Responsibilies:
· You are responsible for making the crew’s bread & desserts
· You are responsible for producing items sold in the International Café
· You will create & cater a variety of high-quality items to events on board, from simple cakes, to receptions, to plated desserts
· You have experience with baking breads, cakes, desserts, etc.
· You are able/prepared to rise early for a daily morning shift
· You are willing to learn new baking skills & execute them in a high quality manner
· You are able to independently complete tasks & at the same time being aware of the needs of your workmates